The Supportive Services for Veteran Families (SSVF) program is designed to assist Veterans and their families who are literally homeless, or are imminently in danger of becoming homeless, in obtaining and maintaining stable housing. Welcome Home, Inc. was awarded the grant from the United States Department of Veteran Affairs to serve Veterans throughout Mid-Missouri. The program was developed in response to a redirection of focus toward the homeless Veteran population that includes homeless prevention, rapid re-housing, and Housing First Models to combat the disproportionate number of Veterans experiencing homelessness. Assistance to Veterans will be delivered through a variety of services to address current gaps in continuum of care for this group of individuals.
Who is Eligible for SSVF?
In order to be eligible for the SSVF program you must meet the following criteria:
- Veteran and Veteran Family status – a single Veteran, or a family in which the head of household or the spouse of the head of household is a Veteran.
- Low income – that does not exceed 50% of your area’s median income.
- Imminent Housing Loss/Homeless – you are either already in permanent housing and are trying to avoid eviction OR you are homeless but are scheduled to move into permanent housing within 90 days.
Welcome Home’s SSVF Program provides services to the following counties:
Audrain, Boone, Callaway, Cole, Cooper, Gasconade, Howard, Macon, Maries, Moniteau, Monroe, Montgomery, Osage, and Randolph.
Goals and Objectives
- Participants at risk of becoming homeless will remain stably housed in appropriate, affordable housing
- Participants who enter the program homeless will be rapidly re-housed in appropriate, affordable housing
- Participants will receive supportive services focusing on improved capacity for long-term housing, income improvement, and personal stability
Supportive Services Provided
Supportive services may include intensive case management, financial case management, housing search assistance, assistance in applying for VA benefits/services, life skills training, budgeting, job preparation, housing preparation, transportation assistance, landlord/tenant mediation, and temporary financial assistance to address housing barriers.
How to Apply for Admission to SSVF
Pre-screening assessments can begin one of two ways:
1.) SSVF Clinic at the VA held every other week:
Harry S. Truman Memorial VA, Room 532
800 Hospital Dr., Columbia, MO 65201
1st and 3rd Tuesday of every month, 2-4PM
2. ) Contact:
Welcome Home, Inc.
(573) 443-8001 ex. 103
Fax: (573) 449-5080